Hibberd Early College Academy
Cohort VI published a poetry book for their bridgeway project - "Look Up." It features poems, stories, essays, and reflections about place collected across generations.
Thank you to the Indiana University Women's Philantrophy Leadership Council for their generous contribution to this project!
Mission Statement: RCS Early College is a supportive family of lifelong learners dedicated to using our gifts to ensure success through positive relationships, heightened academic rigor, and community engagement.
Cohort VII - Bridgeway Graduation Ceremony 2017
Hibberd ECPA Faculty Members
Tiauna Washington, RCS Early College Coordinator, 6-8 Science; 8th Grade Advisor
Ginger Middleton, 5/6 Teacher, 6th Grade Advisor
Brad Pitcher, 5/6 Teacher, 5th Grade Advisor
Jennifer Kelly, 7/8 English and Social Studies Teacher, 7th Grade Advisor
Picture coming soon...Amy Pierson, Math Teacher
Other Support Teachers:
Richard Shroyer, Algebra Teacher
Dolka DeMotte, Spanish Teacher
Mark Simmons, Music Teacher
Pam Kirk, PE/Health Teacher
Tammy Talbot, Art Teacher
Michael West, Orchestra Teacher
Nathan Rigsby, Band Teacher
Take a look inside the Early College Classroom.
Check out the latest Early College Newsletter.
ECPA is founded on FOUR CORNERSTONES. FAMILY, COMMUNITY, AND COLLEGE PARTNERS join together to construct EXCELLENT EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES for RCS EARLY COLLEGE students.
What are the advantages of an ECPA education?
- Academically challenging curriculum
- Faculty and staff who care about students’ success
- A safe, supportive environment
- A culture of achievement
- Peers who are determined to go to college
- Training in good study habits needed for college
- Help with the college admission process
- Presentation and public speaking skills
CORNERSTONE I RIGOROUS ACADEMICS
ECPA Science Fair
East Central Regional Science Fair Winners
We took 14 students who competed at the East Central Regional Science Fair at Ball State University on February 18th. 8th grader Jada J. won 1st place in Microbiology, 7th grader Chloe B. won 1st place in Physics, 6th graders Yoslene S. won 2nd place in Energy and Ruth R. won honorable mention in computer science.
8th graders Jada J. and Dezi R. won special awards from the American Association of University Women.
7th grader Chloe B. was selected to move on to the state competition at IUPUI on April 1st.
Science Fair 2017 Winners
5th Grade 6th Grade
7th Grade 8th Grade
Culture Fair 2017
CORNERSTONE II SERVICE LEARNING
5th Grade - Hibberd Life Skills
6th Grade - COPE Environmental Center
7th and 8th Grades - Wayne County Historical Museum
CORNERSTONE III HABITS OF MIND
CORNERSTONE IV COLLEGE & COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
IVY TECH COMMUNITY COLLEGE - RICHMOND: PRIMARY COLLEGE PARTNER
INDIANA UNIVERSITY EAST - RICHMOND
PURDUE POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE - RICHMOND
RCS EARLY COLLEGE ADVISORY COUNCIL~
The purpose of the Early College Advisory Council is to foster communication and collaboration between the RCS Early College program and the Richmond community, including families, colleges, businesses, and community leaders.
At each meeting, Early College staff update the community about our program progress and events. Attendees then provide feedback and advice about how to improve the program. These conversations facilitate the networks and resources that Early College depends upon.
Top Ten Things PARENTS Can Expect from the
Early College and its TEAM
- Everyone relies on your child’s daily attendance
- Our hearts, minds, and doors are always open to you.
- We care about what is important to you and your child
- We want you to know what is going on at school- our newsletters will come out with the DMS paper this year
- Our learning environment fosters open communication, responsibility, respect, cooperation, flexibility, and safety
- You can expect your child to be honored as an individual
- You can expect your child to learn how to function with a group
- You can expect to be a teacher to your child as we walk alongside your leadership
- You can expect to be asked questions so we know what will work best for your child. However, you can also expect that we will respect your family culture.
- You and your child can expect that we will help your child build academic and personal success.
Early College Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RCSEarlyCollegeAcademy/